CHEF MARIAS GREEK DELI is opening 20 March 2017
2013 Eisenhower Ave. Fort Knox KY 40121
Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 11.00 am -7.00 pm
Saturday 11.00 am -4.00 pm Sunday closed
So, here we are, revealing my first recipe to you, especially to my friend Becky.
Gorgonzola dip with plums
1lb Gorgonzola cheese (you may use smoked gouda)
1/2 pound butter
one cup diced tomatoes, discard the juice
4-5 brunches of fresh dill
2 tsps. finely chopped garlic
3-4 VERY ripe black plums diced
Melt the butter enough before it gets watery
Melt the cheese
Mix all the ingredients and gently fold them in and shape it nicely in a bowl
Dice the plums and place them on top of the bowl.
Refrigerate for an hour and then bring it out, serve with crackers, pita bread or veggie sticks.
This a personal recipe, didn’t copy it or steal it. I just want to let you know.
Here is another one:
Butternut Squash and Bean Wraps with feta cheese
By Chef Maria Bell
- Hands-On Time 25 min
- Total Time 25 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup black beans
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup torn fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- a handfull of mixed greens
- One cup sliced grape tomatoes or any tomatoes
- Radishes to garnish
- One cup of sliced sweet peppers
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the squash, peppers, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 11 to 13 minutes. Add the beans and ¼ cup water and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top the tortillas with the squash and beans, onion, and parsley, dividing evenly.
Serve with the radishes and corn
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced finely
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 cup strained Greek yogurt.
1 cup sour cream
2 medium diced cucumbers
Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Using a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream. Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Finally, add the cucumber. Chill for at least two hours before serving.